Gluten Free Christmas Biscuits Recipe
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
¼ teaspoon cardamom, ground
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
2 egg whites
165g (5⅓oz) almond meal
315g (10½oz) pure icing sugar
Where to buy the ingredients
1. Add the egg whites to a large bowl and lightly beat
2. Sift in the icing sugar and stir into the eggs until a smooth paste is formed.
3. Remove 80ml or 2⅔floz of the paste, set aside and cover.
4. Add to the mix still in the bowl, all the spices and almond meal and stir into a smooth dough. Add a small amount of water is the dough starts to dry out.
5. Dust a smooth surface with some icing sugar and roll out the dough until 5mm thick.
6. With the set aside icing sugar mix, spread over the dough and allow the icing to set, will take approximately 30 minutes.
7. Use a biscuit cutter of your choice, like a Christmas Tree or Star shape. Place the cut out shapes onto baking trays that have been lined with baking paper.
8. Place into a preheated oven 150°C/300°F and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Set aside and allow to cool.
Makes 30 biscuits